How to increase/decrease the font size in Windows 7
Increase/decrease the font size in Windows 7 will show you how to modify the text size and other items appearing in Windows 7. The text size will be modified on the system without modify the screen resolution. This allows you to increase or decrease the size of the text while your system is set to its optimal resolution. But you can also enlarge the part of the screen using magnifier tool of Windows 7.
Also Check: Some working keyboard shortcuts of Windows 8
How to increase the font size in Windows 7 without changing the screen resolution
1. Open Control panel and Go to Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization ->Display
2. You will get an option “Make it easier to read what is on the screen“.
3. Choose any one from the three check boxes
- Smaller – 100% (By default) – This keeps your text and other items at its normal size for the selected resolution.
- Medium – 125% – This will increase text size and other items to 125% of normal size.
- Larger – 150% – This will increase text and other items to 150% of normal size. (This option will appear only if the system supports 1280×900 or more resolution)
4. Click on “Apply“.
5. Action Center will show you a warning message from Microsoft Windows “You must logoff your computer to apply these changes. Save any open files and close all the programs before you log off ”
6. Now save all the open program and click on “Logoff Now” to log off your Windows. After log in you will get the modified text size in Windows 7.
7. If you click on “log off later” then you will able to enjoy the modified text size on your next login.
8. That is it.
How to decrease the text size in Windows 7 without changing the screen resolution
After increase the text size in Windows 7. If you want to revert back to the text size to its default then choose “smaller” on the step-3 of the above process. It will decrease the text size to its original default condition.
Also Check: How to delete a facebook Group