How To Add A Warning Message Or Legal Notice Before Login Screen Of Windows
Article will describe you how to add a extra screen during start up of Windows and before the login screen to show a text message (may be a warning message or legal notice) to users. Sometimes PC have multiple users, then this text message will notify other users about the privacy of use. Or if you run an business and owned it. Then by this method you can add a disclaimer message for use it. You can do this using Registry editor. The below process will describe you how to do the same using Registry Editor. The process works well on all version of Windows after Windows XP SP2 (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows RT )
Also Check: Which is best Antivirus For Windows 8
How To Add A Warning Message During Start up of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows XP
1. Login to your Windows PC with administrator account.
2. Open Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
3. Navigate to
4. On the right side pane, You will get two options as “legalnoticecaption” and “legalnoticetext”.
- legalnoticecation – Double Click on “legalnoticecaption” and enter the header of your message on the “Value data” field and click on “OK”.
- legalnoticetext – Double Click on “legalnoticetext” and enter the body of your message on the “Value data” field and click on “OK”.
5. That is it. Now refresh your Windows and reboot your system after closing all the open application. After Reboot you will able to see a warning message before the log-in Screen.